Conducting scholarship that is mutually beneficial for both university scholars and communities is the very foundation of engaged scholarship. Through the Engaged Scholarship Research/Creative Activities Grants Program for Faculty, the Engagement Scholarship Consortium is providing financial support that helps facilitate positive outcomes for both scholars and communities.
Faculty at ESC Member Institutions may apply for up to $5,000 to fund a one-year project. Collaborative projects among faculty from more than one discipline and/or at more than one university are encouraged. Funds may be used for faculty, graduate, undergraduate, community partner, and administrative stipends; supplies and expenses; and/or project-related travel. Preference will be given to Tenure-Line Assistant or Associate Professors. Fixed-term Professors of Practice may also apply. No indirect costs will be associated with this seed award. Funds may not be used for travel to conferences.
- Extended application deadline: May 23, 2022
- Extended notifications to applicants: June 20, 2022
- Grant Period: August 1, 2022 – July 31, 2023
- Presentation: All grant awardees will present plans/findings at the next ESC Conference
- Final Report due no later than one month following the conclusion of the grant program
The application period for 2022 ESC Grants has now concluded. Please check back in Spring 2023 for the next call for applications.