The Excellence in Faculty Community Engagement Award recognizes an individual staff member or group of staff members for an exemplary community-engaged program or project.
Open to any staff member from any higher education institutions (2- and 4-year, public,or private).
Submissions will be evaluated based on documented evidence of the following criteria:
- Overall program or project, including goals and objectives and how principles of co-design, creation, and implementation were achieved with community partner is clearly articulated.
- Evidence that the program is meeting an expressed need in the community.
- Key outcomes and impacts are identified that align with the stated goals and objectives and how data/metrics are being collected.
- Discussion of the future of the program, including any growth or expansion plans and sustainability of program, as appropriate.
- Key lessons learned and how the program has or will adapt is included.
The submission should include documentation :
- Program description (500 words): Describe the overall program or project and how principles of co-design, creation, and implementation were achieved.
- Participating partners (400 words): Identify the key community partners, including their role in the co-design, implementation, management, and evaluation of the program or project.
- Program relevance (400 words): Provide evidence that the program is meeting an expressed need in the community.
- Program outcomes and impact (400 words): Share key outcomes and impacts that program is having and how data/metrics are being collected.
- Next steps (400 words): Describe the future of the program, including any growth or expansion plans.
- Lessons learned (400 words): Describe key lessons learned and how the program has or will adapt.
Submission Deadline and Recognition Process
Nominations for 2024 recognitions are due by March 25, 2024, and are to be submitted electronically via the ESC online portal.
Materials are reviewed by a selection committee identified by the ESC Awards Committee Chair. The ESC Awards Committee and Board receive and approve committee recommendations. All nominees will be notified of their status in May 2024.
$1,000; plaque; one conference registration fee waived