Registration and Reservation Deadlines
- If you have not already done so, register for the conference no later than August 17. All presenters must be registered in advance of the conference to present. Registration is closed.
- ESC presenters should make their reservations at the conference hotel, the Sheraton Birmingham, by August 17. A special conference rate is provided if reservation is made before the deadline.
Tips for Presenters
- Locate your presentation room in advance. All presentation sessions are on Tuesday, September 26 or Wednesday, September 27.
- Projectors and laptops are provided in the presentation rooms for session paper presentations and workshops. Laptops and projectors are not provided for roundtable sessions.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled session to assure your presentation materials can be loaded on the laptop in advance.
- Have your presentation on a standard flash drive device for easy downloading onto the provided laptop.
- We recommend using PowerPoint for your presentation, and if possible convert the PowerPoint to a PDF file for speed and ease of loading and presentation. We do not support Prezi or other applications.
- Each session is one hour in length. Workshop presenters will have the full hour for their session. Paper presenters are scheduled in groups of three per hour session, with 15 minutes per each presentation. Time limits will be observed. A convener/moderator will be present at paper presentations to open the session and moderate time limits.
- All presenters should state clearly their session objectives in the opening of their presentation.
- Presenters are responsible for their own handout materials. If desired, presenters may provide printed materials at their session, or offer a weblink or email address whereby support materials may be provided electronically to interested audience members.
Note for Roundtable Presenters
- Roundtable presenters will have the full hour for their sessions. Presenters should arrive at their session 15 minutes in advance.
- Laptops and projectors are not provided for roundtable sessions.
- Roundtable presenters may use their own devices for display of media at each table. Power outlets are not available at the tables. Presenters should charge devices in advance of the session.
Note for Poster Presenters
- The Poster session and judging is on Tuesday, September 26 from 3:30 PM - 5:00 PM. Posters should be set up no later than 1:00 PM in the Pre-Function lobby area outside the Ballroom on the first floor. The poster session area will be available for set up from 10:30 AM - 1:00 PM.
- Panels and clips will be provided for mounting poster materials. Posters should be no more than 4'x4' in dimension.
- If necessary, posters may be shipped in advance to the Sheraton conference hotel. Materials will be held for the presenter to pick up upon check-in. Send items to the address below.
Attention: (Presenter or Guest Name)
2101 Richard Arrington Jr. Blvd. North
Birmingham, Alabama 35203