The deadline for receipt of applications is Tuesday, April 30, 2013. Successful applicants will be notified in May 20, 2013.
Applicants for this program should be graduate students or junior faculty members:
- With an interest in community engagement and engaged scholarship and/or the scholarship of engagement (that is, involved or interested in research that contributes to their discipline while making a positive impact on external stakeholders), or
- whose research is about engagement (that is, interested in the processes and outcomes of community engagement and engaged scholarship)
Applicants must also demonstrate:
- A desire for new learning about engagement and engaged scholarship,
- An interest in working with faculty across disciplines to explore and learn more about how engaged scholarship might be carried out, and
- The capacity to effectively communicate the results of their research to public, academic, and other external audiences.
Successful applicants will be expected to come to the workshop with an idea for an engaged scholarship project, or a research project about the scholarship of engagement, in mind. These projects will be discussed in the context of what is presented during the workshop. Participants are expected to attend all sessions and participate fully in activities of the program.
Application Instructions and Forms
Upon acceptance, participants will be asked to pay a $100 registration fee for the Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop, in exchange for which they will be provided with admission to all sessions, materials, and meals during the Workshop, as well as free registration to the Engagement Scholarship Consortium conference (a $345 value). Participants are expected to pay for their own travel and lodging. (Please note: The $100 registration fee should not accompany your application. Successful applicants will be notified and provided with payment instructions.)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Acceptance to the Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop requires your full attendance at ALL scheduled workshop sessions and the entire Engagement Scholarship Consortium conference. If you do not attend all of the workshop sessions, you will be invoiced for the amount of the Engagement Scholarship Consortium conference registration fee.