The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, April 12, 2010. Successful applicants will be notified no later than May 1, 2010.
Applicants for this program should be:
- Graduate students or junior faculty members with an interest in community engagement and engaged scholarship, and
- Involved or interested in research that contributes to their discipline while making a positive impact on external stakeholders.
Applicants must also demonstrate:
- A desire for new learning about engaged scholarship,
- An interest in working with faculty across disciplines to explore and learn more about how engaged scholarship might be carried out, and
- The capacity to effectively communicate the results of their research to public, academic, and other external audiences.
Successful applicants will be expected to come to the workshop with an idea for an engaged scholarship project in mind. These projects will be discussed in the context of what is presented during the workshop. Participants are expected to attend all sessions and participate fully in activities of the program.
Application Instructions and Forms
Upon acceptance, participants will be asked to pay a $100 registration fee for the Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop. In exchange, participants will be provided with admission to all sessions, materials, and meals during the workshop, as well as free registration to the National Outreach Scholarship Conference (a $394 value). Participants are expected to pay for their own travel and lodging. (Please note: The $100 registration fee should not accompany your application. Successful applicants will be notified and provided with payment instructions.)
Note: Acceptance to the Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop requires the successful applicant's full attendance at ALL scheduled workshops and the entire National Outreach Scholarship Conference. Any applicant who does not attend all of the workshops will be invoiced for the full amount of the National Outreach Scholarship Conference registration fee.