- What is Engagement Scholarship?
- ESC Leadership
- ESC Membership
- Meetings & Conference
- Networks & Partnerships
- Grants & Awards
- Publications & News
Saturday, September 29, 2012
- 5:45 p.m.
- Welcome to Birmingham -logistics, check-in instructions
Board shuttle to Dinner
- 6:00 p.m.
- Welcome and dinner (meal provided) - introductions for everyone
Emerging Engagement Scholars introduce their projects to the group in an informal setting.
- 7:00-8:10 p.m.
- Community Partnership: Auburn University Urban Studio
Cheryl Morgan, Gresham Professor of Architecture, Auburn University
Sunday, September 30, 2012
- 7:45 a.m.
- Breakfast at Sheraton Hotel
- 8:00-8:45 a.m.
- Community Partnership: University of Alabama Center for Social and Ethical Responsibility
Stephen Black, Director, Center for Ethics & Social Responsibility
- 9:00 a.m.
- Shuttle to Tuscaloosa
The shuttle will drop everyone off at the Hotel Capstone. We will store luggage in the Clay Room at the hotel.
- 10:30 a.m.
- Engagement Master Class: Foundations of Engaged Scholarship
Lorilee Sandmann, Co-Director of the National Review Board for the Scholarship of Engagement, University of Georgia
- 12:30 a.m.
- Lunch (meal provided)
- 1:15-4:15 p.m.
- Strengthening Your Engagement Dossier
Nancy Franz, Associate Dean for Extension and Outreach for Families, 4-H Youth Development, Director ISU to Families, Iowa State University
- 4:15-4:30 p.m.
- 4:30-5:15 p.m.
- Community Partnership: Winds of Change
Jeff Parker, University of Alabama Assistant Professor
Cindy Dixon, Holt High School Teacher
- 6:00 p.m.
- Shuttle to hotels and restaurants. (Dinner is not provided.)
- 6:30-7:00 p.m.
- Shuttle to restaurants
Monday, October 1, 2012
- 7:45 a.m.
*A more detailed schedule for transport will be provided upon arrival.
- 8:30-9:15 a.m.
- Breakfast at Bryant Conference Center
- 9:30-10:00 a.m.
- Mentors' Introduction
Karen Bruns, Leader, OSU CARES/OSU Extension, Assistant Director, Family and Consumer Sciences
Karl Hamner, Assistant Dean, Scholarly Affairs for University of Alabama Capstone College of Nursing & School of Social Work
Colette Taylor, Assistant Professor, Graduate Certificate and Master's Program in Higher Education and Student Affairs, Texas Tech University
Angelique Tucker Blackmon, Director of Resource Development and Community Partnership University of Alabama Division of Community Affairs
- 10:00-11:15 a.m.
- Mentoring- Break into mentor groups
Get to know mentor and small-group discussion.
Karen Bruns (Higher Education and Civic Engagement): Carrie Menendez, Quixada Moore-Vissing, Stacy Muse, Jennifer Pucell, Lisa Brown
Karl Hamner (Health and Nutrition Issues): Jackie Brodsky, Bethan Kingsley, Kellie Mayfield, Marc Schure, Nicole Thompson
Colette Taylor (Special Populations & Relationships with Community): Christel Beverly, Robert Coffey Jr., Demetricia Hodges, Shelly Hoover-Plonk, Monica Kowal
Angelique Tucker Blackmon (STEM and Natural Resources): Dana Sanchez, Tanja Karp, and Abigail Julia Lynch
- 11:15 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
- Mentoring -1:1 Mentoring (Fishbowl Format):
Mentors provide feedback on proposals to each scholar while others sit in to observe (approx. 20 min. each). Includes working during lunch; between 12:00 and 1:00, get lunch at buffet in and bring back to mentoring group.
- 2:00 p.m.
- The National Outreach Scholarship Conference (NOSC) continues through Wednesday at 12:30 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m.
- BBQ & Blues Reception at Byant Denny Stadium North end zone
Tuesday, October 2
- 7:45-9:00 a.m.
- Breakfast with International Adult and Continuing Education Hall of Fame Members
- 2:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Panel of Journal Editors- during NOSC (open to other conference participants)
Dinner not provided.
Wednesday, October 3
- 8:00-9:30 a.m.
- Breakfast (meal provided) - Plenary
*Luggage will be secured in locked room.
- 12:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Lunch and recap of EESW and NOSC in Morgan Board Room at Bryant Conference Center.
Transport back to airport.