- What is Engagement Scholarship?
- ESC Leadership
- ESC Membership
- Meetings & Conference
- Networks & Partnerships
- News & Media
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Participants may be arriving by air to the Athens Airport, but due to the limited flight availability there, we will also provide a shuttle from Atlanta Airport to Georgia Center. (If you are flying into Atlanta, please plan for a flight arrival no later than 12:00 p.m.)
Arrive in Athens, GA
- 2:30 p.m.
- Welcome to Athens: Logistics, check-in instructions
- 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Engagement Master Class: Foundations of engaged scholarship
- 5:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
- Check-in to hotel rooms
- 6:00 p.m.
- Welcome by Dr. Dunning
Dinner (meal provided) and introductions
Monday, September 28, 2009
- 8:00 a.m.
- Breakfast (meal provided): Small group meeting with facilitators
- 9:30 a.m.
- Panel discussion: Disciplinary, institutional type, and community partner considerations for engaged scholarship
- 11:30 a.m.
- Working lunch (meal provided): Small group work, meeting with faculty mentors, discussion of methods and theories, each group to report on similarities and differences in the projects presented
- 2:00 p.m.
- The National Outreach Scholarship Conference (NOSC) continues from Monday September 28 at 2:00 p.m. through Wednesday September 29 at noon.
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
- National Outreach Scholarship Conference
- Breakfast: Small groups are encouraged to sit together and continue discussion. Groups may also schedule a time (on Tuesday and Wednesday) to meet on their own if need be.
- Panel of Journal Editors – during NOSC – open to other conference participants
- Panel of speakers on research methods in engaged scholarship – during NOSC – open to other conference participants
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
- 12:00 p.m.
- Adjourn National Outreach Scholarship Conference
Get box lunches (provided) and continue EESW
- 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Considerations for working with community partners
Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop – Closing/wrap up