- What is Engagement Scholarship?
- ESC Leadership
- ESC Membership
- Meetings & Conference
- Networks & Partnerships
- Grants & Awards
- Publications & News
2021 Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop
September 7-9, 2021
A Preconference Event of the Engagement Scholarship Consortium Annual Conference
This intensive professional development program provides advanced doctoral students and early career faculty with background literature, facilitated discussion, mentoring, and presentations designed to increase their knowledge and enhance their practice of community-engaged scholarship. Participation in the Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop (EESW) is limited and interested applicants must be nominated to be considered for this workshop.
The 2021 EESW will be held virtually. All workshop participants, once admitted, must commit to participating in all three live/synchronous Zoom sessions. All sessions will be held from 2:00 – 5:00 p.m. (Eastern) | 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- Tuesday, September 7: Foundations of Community-Engaged Scholarship
- Wednesday, September 8: Variations in Community-Engaged Scholarship
- Thursday, September 9: Community-Engaged Scholarship in RPT
All accepted participants are invited to attend an Orientation session (via Zoom) on Monday, August 30th, 2021, from 3 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. EDT (1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Mountain).
Format: Zoom Webinar w/ breakout sessions
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact EESW Chair Monica Kowal (email@example.com), University of New Mexico.
GUIDELINES, APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS, AND FORMS
The deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, April 15, 2021.
Who Should Apply
Applicants for this program should be:
- Graduate students or junior faculty members with an interest in community engagement and engaged scholarship, and
- Involved or interested in research that contributes to their discipline while making a positive impact on external stakeholders or advancing the study of engaged scholarship.
Applicants must also demonstrate:
- A desire for new learning about engaged scholarship,
- An interest in working with faculty across disciplines to explore and learn more about how engaged scholarship might be carried out, and
- The capacity to effectively communicate the results of their research to public, academic, and other external audiences.
Successful applicants will be expected to come to the workshop with an idea for an engaged scholarship project in mind. These projects will be discussed in the context of what is presented during the workshop. Participants are expected to attend all workshop sessions and participate fully in activities of the program as well as the larger Engagement Scholarship Consortium Conference.
Upon acceptance, participants will be asked to pay a $50 registration fee for the Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop, in exchange for which they will be provided with admission to all sessions, materials, as well as free registration to the Engagement Scholarship Consortium Conference. (Please note: The $50 registration fee should not accompany your application. Successful applicants will be notified and provided with payment instructions.)
Application Instructions and Forms
For more information about the workshop, please contact EESW Chair Monica Kowal (firstname.lastname@example.org), University of New Mexico.