- What is Engagement Scholarship?
- ESC Leadership
- ESC Membership
- Meetings & Conference
- Networks & Partnerships
- Grants & Awards
- Publications & News
Application Procedures and Process
Conducting scholarship that is mutually beneficial for both university scholars and communities is the very foundation of engaged scholarship. Through the Engaged Scholarship Research/Creative Activities Grants Program for Faculty, the Engagement Scholarship Consortium is providing financial support that helps facilitate positive outcomes for both scholars and communities.
Faculty at ESC Member Institutions may apply for up to $5,000 to fund a one-year project. Collaborative projects among faculty from more than one discipline and/or at more than one university are encouraged. Funds may be used for faculty, graduate, undergraduate, community partner, and administrative stipends; supplies and expenses; and/or project-related travel. Preference will be given to Tenure-Line Assistant or Associate Professors. Fixed-term Professors of Practice may also apply. No indirect costs will be associated with this seed award. Funds may not be used for travel to conferences.
- Applications due: May 15, 2019
- Notifications: May 30, 2019
- Grant Period: August 1, 2019 – July 31, 2020
- Presentation: All grant awardees will present plans/findings at the next ESC Conference
- Final Report Due no later than one month following the conclusion of the grant program