The Engagement Scholarship Consortium’s Awards Program provides institutional recognition of excellence in engaged scholarship. Awards of excellence of engaged scholarship will recognize exemplary institutional programs in several categories: Student, Faculty, Staff, and Community Partner. Individuals or teams may apply for one or more of these four awards through the awards portal.
In addition, ESC will recognize Institutional Leadership, Distinguished Engaged Scholar, and Distinguished Dissertation Award. These awards have separate selection processes.
- Excellence in Student Community Engagement Award (Open to all student-led engagement programs — undergraduate, graduate, and professional students).
- Excellence in Faculty Community Engagement Award (Open to all faculty, regardless of rank and tenure status).
- Excellence in Community Partner Engagement Award (Open to community-based organizations — nonprofit, public agencies, NGO's).
- Excellence in Staff Engagement Award (Open to all college or university staff regardless of length of service).
- Institutional Leadership Award (Open to ESC member institutions only).
- Distinguished Engaged Scholar (Open to scholars representing institutions of higher education, nonprofit organizations, or public agencies).
- Distinguished Dissertation Award (Open to any academic discipline or interdisciplinary program and have defended and filed their dissertation no more than 24 months prior to the submission deadline (e.g., doctoral graduates who completed their dissertations between Spring 2020 and Fall 2022 academic years for consideration by March 15, 2023).