ESC Partner Programs
Guidelines, Application Instructions, and Forms
The deadline for receipt of applications is Monday, April 15, 2019.
Applicants for this program should be:
- Graduate students or junior faculty members with an interest in community engagement and engaged scholarship, and
- Involved or interested in research that contributes to their discipline while making a positive impact on external stakeholders or advancing the study of engaged scholarship.
Applicants must also demonstrate:
- A desire for new learning about engaged scholarship,
- An interest in working with faculty across disciplines to explore and learn more about how engaged scholarship might be carried out, and
- The capacity to effectively communicate the results of their research to public, academic, and other external audiences.
Successful applicants will be expected to come to the workshop with an idea for an engaged scholarship project in mind. These projects will be discussed in the context of what is presented during the workshop. Participants are expected to attend all sessions and participate fully in activities of the program as well as the larger Engagement Scholarship Consortium Conference.
Upon acceptance, participants will be asked to pay a $100 registration fee for the Emerging Engagement Scholars Workshop, in exchange for which they will be provided with admission to all sessions, materials, and meals during the Workshop, as well as free registration to the Engagement Scholarship Consortium Conference (a $350 value). Participants are expected to pay for their own travel and lodging. (Please note: The $100 registration fee should not accompany your application. Successful applicants will be notified and provided with payment instructions.)
Application Instructions and Forms
For more information about the workshop, please contact EESW Chair Monica Kowal (email@example.com), University of New Mexico.